Saturday 21 August 2010

Geneva




I couldn't wait to see Geneva - mostly for John Calvin.... but when we got there, the history is pretty incredible!
I did a walking tour through the "old town" which was really interesting. I will attach this pic of this church in old town - it one building containing four different buildings - four different era's - the last one being the Bizantine. Oh, and the best thing was I went to The Church of Scotland Geneva in the Auditoire de Calvin!!!!! It was a real blessing to be with God's people! And the first hymn was one of my favorites - "Great is Thy Faithfulness"!
Geneva has an attraction called the Je't de Eau This huge surge of water that shoots up - apparently you can see it from the airplane.
We didn't realize it before we got to Geneva, but we came just in time for their once-a-year festival. The "Geneva festival". Every year they have a different theme, and this year was "circus" it was fun. Lot's of people tho - they closed off whole streets for it.
Oh, and they boasted the best fireworks display in the world. Well, Landon said -"I don't know about that, Idaho Falls do cool fireworks" and I said "Ya, Jackson also does cool fireworks".
Oh my goodness! We were blown away!!! Different combinations, and colors, and music over loud speakers that went with them! We got some cool pics actually!
But, yes, they were the best fireworks we have ever seen!

1 comment:

  1. Those fireworks were amazing, and you are amazing, even better than those fireworks.

    ReplyDelete